Transfer to Another University

Where Should I Go?

BYU FlexGE credits are transferable, meaning you can take them to another university and finish your degree there. Other than BYU, the top transfer universities for FlexGE students are Utah Valley University (UVU), BYU–Idaho, Salt Lake Community College (SLCC), Weber State University (WSU), and the University of Utah (U of U).

Check Residency Requirements

If you are not a Utah resident and want to study at a Utah college or university other than BYU or Ensign College, establishing Utah residency while you take FlexGE classes can help you avoid paying out-of-state tuition. Be aware of specific residency proof required by your prospective school.

UVU Residency SLCC Residency WSU Residency U of U Residency

Send Your Transcript

When applying to other schools, you will order your BYU transcript online or by phone and have it sent to the college or university of your choice. It will include all your completed FlexGE course credits and grades but will not indicate that you were a FlexGE student.

Order Your Transcript