BYU FlexGE Eligibility
Once you decide to enroll in BYU FlexGE, the process is simple!
Please keep in mind these eligibility requirements:
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement (what is this?)
- high school graduate (or equivalent)
- at least a 2.0 GPA
- at least 17 years old by the first day of class
- U.S.A. citizen (or able to study in the U.S.A. without a student visa)
All set there? Apply Now
After we receive your application and ecclesiastical endorsement, you will receive a status notification by email within 3 business days. If you have not heard back, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, start working through the How to FlexGE guides so you are ready to succeed. They will show you everything you need from how to plan your classes, where to live, class registration, and more!
When Should I Enroll in FlexGE?
Although you can apply to the FlexGE program until a week before classes start, we highly recommend you do it before class registration begins so you can get into the classes you want before they fill up.
|Semester/Term||Registration Begins||Class Begins|
|Winter 2024||OCT 16, 2023||JAN 8,2024|
|Spring 2024||MAR 1, 2024||APR 30, 2024|
|Summer 2024||MAR 1,2024||JUN 24, 2024|
|Fall 2024||TBA (June)||SEP 4, 2024|
Keep in Mind
With few exceptions, FlexGE students have the same level of access to campus offices and resources as admitted BYU students. However, FlexGE students do not have access to:
- Day classes during fall and winter semesters
- On-campus housing during fall and winter semesters
- Intercollegiate athletics (including extramural sports)
- Federal Financial Aid
- Individual, Group, and Couples therapy at CAPS
Please also be aware that:
- FlexGE students are not eligible to serve in BYUSA student leadership positions.
- FlexGE students must pay $50 for an athletic facilities wristband.